MyCanoe is "the world’s first origami canoe"
This 14-foot long beautiful Canadian-style open canoe can be folded into
a 96cm x 46cm smart suitcase like box, portable and small enough to be
a car boot, stored in campervans and motorhomes, or be taken on coaches,
trains and planes. This canoe can make nature
readily accessible for outdoor explorers. This canoe is not
intended to be a serious river running type of boat, rather is
a touring canoe that is a step up providing a better paddling experience
than what you will normally get from inflatable
canoes. Use on flat water rivers, lakes and
canals, and possibly some low level rapids.
An unique feature that this canoe has that possibly no other
canoe has is that the MyCanoe has an adjustable rocker - either
no rocker for straight line touring / power paddling or some
rocker (more curved
keel) for twisting narrow streams.
the bow and stern. The degree of rocker is achieved through the
tightening of the webbing straps (4 each side) situated along
the top of the gunwales.
MyCanoe is made of a ultra tough 5mm thick
polypropylene corrugated plastic cardboard with hinges along
folds, which are durable to withstand up to 20,000 times
and unfolding. The whole hull comprises of a single piece of polypropylene
with two separate reinforcement floorboard pieces which double
up as the outer covers of the suitcase style box when folded.
award winning, TUV certified, high quality origami concept
folding canoe. The custom
polypropylene is UV treated to last 15 years.
up (make box) in 5 minutes, unfolding (make canoe) in
10 minutes, the canoe is easy
and safe for everyone. Built for longevity. Times are for one person -
with two people, it will be quicker!
- Patented design and single seam construction for easy assembly and folding
- Double-layer marine-grade custom manufactured polypropylene hull
- Marine-rated structures and materials
- Touring open canoe
for paddling and fishing in rivers and lakes. Available for everyone
- Easy on performance and storage
- 14 feet long in use, compact box 96cm x 46cm folded
- The simple parts with practice, shortens the assembling process into less
than 10 minutes (1 person assembling)
- Wide flat bottom provides good linear speed
- Small enough to fit into most small car boots
- Adjustable seat locations - the seats can be fitted on either side of the
four cross ribs, allowing for various seating permutations
- Adjustable rocker - tighten the gunwale straps to create a pronounced rocker -
useful for negotiating twisting narrow streams.
- Canoe Type : Canadian open Canoe Style
- Material : 5mm Polypropylene Corrugated Cardboard Plastic
- Folding time (packing away): 5 minutes
- Unfolding time (assemble): 10 minutes
- Connection materials : velcro, buckles
- Components : ABS, Stainless Steel bolt, Aluminum
- Maximum 529lbs
/ 240kg (2 adults + 2 kids)
- Suggested 440lbs / 200kg - (2 adults + 1 kid)
- 1 x outer one piece canoe 'skin'
- 2 x central floorboards which also doubles up as the outer case of the folded
- 4 aluminum cross ribs
- 4 gunwale edging pieces with
- 1 rubber mallet
- 1 repair kit
- 1 carry bag - for packed canoe. Stores cross
ribs, seats, gunwale edging pieces, mallet, and repair kit
folded - box and bag
Box includes a shoulder strap. Carry bag has some free space
for extra items such as PFD's (not included)
- MyCanoe 2.5
MyCanoe 2.5 (4 cross ribs) is the latest improved version which came
out earlier this year (2016). MyCanoe 1.0 (6 cross ribs) came out in 2013 / 2014.
EG - MyCanoe
is NOT a recent kickstarter development, it is a canoe that has been in development
/ production for several years already.
The MyCanoe 2.5 canoe obtained the German TUV Safety Certification Mark on 11/05/2016